Nhill Lutheran School was established in 1977. On Wednesday 2nd February 1977, the school doors opened for the first time and it was blessed with an enrolment of 31 pupils: 10 boys and 21 girls. Later in the year two more pupils enrolled, making a total of 33 students in the first year. In 2020, we have an enrolment of 68 students.
The present staff includes a Principal and 4 teachers.
Support staff members include a Pastor, a Performing Arts/Music teacher, a specialist Karen Language teacher and a Secretary. Music teachers visit the school to provide tuition in guitar, piano and keyboard.
The School has spacious, modern facilities, which include:
- touch screen computers in every classroom
- iPads for every students to use
- large classrooms with the comfort of split system air conditioning
- a Computer Room with up-to-date networked desktops, with Internet connection and wireless access points within the school
- excellent resources for activities such as art and cooking
- a new multi-purpose learning space for performing arts and indoor sports activities
- a new library which is regularly restocked with new books
- a place where parents can meet and socialise
- spacious play areas including tennis courts, basketball and netball courts, football and cricket oval and an adventure playground conducive to creative co-operative play
- a staff work and meeting room
- outdoor covered areas for meals, BBQs and sheltered play
- outdoor garden learning area
- learning landscapes including chicken coop and lamb enclosure
The School, through its Council, Parents and Friends Association and Staff, is committed to provide a caring, supportive and exciting learning environment for students.
To view our Prospectus, please click on this link ~ Nhill Prospectus-Web
To view our 2019 Annual Report, please click on this link ~ Annual Report Nhill Lutheran School 2019
To view our Strategic Plan, please click on this link ~ Nhill Lutheran School Strategic Plan 2020-2024
To view our Child Protection Policy, please click on this link ~ Child Protection Policy