Nhill Lutheran School provides a quality education in a caring Christian environment.
The Victorian Registration Standards requires that all schools must have a clear statement of philosophy.
Statement of Nhill Lutheran School’s Philosophy
- We are committed to provide a Christ centered quality education for young Australians where the gospel of Jesus Christ informs all learning, teaching and human relationships.
- We are committed to growing a caring community of lifelong learners through an integrated framework of Christian attitudes and relationships, with each child knowing they are a special child of God.
- We are committed to the protection of all children from all forms of child abuse and have zero tolerance for child abuse.
- We are committed to offering our students the best education possible, and allowing each student to realise their full potential.
- We are committed to offering the best academic environment possible. To do this, we support each student’s learning and ensure that each student can learn in an environment free from bullying, harassment, and undue distraction.
- We are committed to caring for each student’s emotional and pastoral needs. To do this, we have a pastoral care framework and provide support such as counselling services and education on resilience and mental health.
- We are committed to allowing each student to achieve in areas of their own interest. To do this, we accommodate each student’s interests, allowing them to balance curricular and extra curricular activities, and encourage them to pursue their interests.
- We are committed to fostering leadership in all of our students. To achieve this, we have programs and activities which encourage each student to lead among their peers.
- We are committed to allowing each student to live a healthy and active lifestyle. To do this, we provide education on a healthy lifestyle, and encourage sporting and other recreational activities.
Our Key Values
The school’s Code of Conduct is underpinned by our overriding philosophy.
From this philosophy, the LEA Charter and the lifelong qualities for learners as documented in 2005, we derive our key values of:
To read our full Mission, Philosophy and Aims Policy please click the link below;